Saturday, November 9, 2013

25



Abba gave me the gift of Adriana, especially today.  She swooped in like an angel and carried me away in her Volkswagon chariot to Carlos Paz.  She has been such as encouragement to me in so many ways.  




It was misting the whole day, and up at the top of the mountain...hill...thing even more so.  Apparently you can normally see more of the Sierras, but today there was a giant cloud passing through it.  Does wonders for your hair let me tell you.  You'll never like your hair more than when it has passed through a cloud.  It sounds romantic.  It does not look romantic.
View from the top of the chiarlift

These two have been great too.  I wish I had met them earlier.  They have singlehandedly made sure that I have plans for the remaining weekends.  How kind is it of G to invite me to her birthday party?  And the two of them to invite me to go out with them and their friends?  Sharing themselves and their time with someone who stumbles over her words and will not be here long enough to form any lasting relationship.
G, Agus and I



Don't be too hard on the landscape...it has only rained 3 times in 9 months....
It is a strange thing, forming friendships in a second language.  I don't even know where to begin in trying to explain it. 

And there it is, Carlos Paz
I don't think they know how great of a gift they gave me, or how well timed it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment