Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Along came Romi.....

I will be naming my first child Romi...or at least a very beloved pet in the future.  Seriously, that name is the sweetest dearest most life-saverest name of the night.  This post will be super brief.  I just got back from the Young People's Study, it is 12:17 and I am exhausted.  However, I had to write this.

I was low.  Very low.  Discouraged majorly about "why on earth did I waste my time majoring in this language that I am not as awesome at as all those other people"  (you know, that thing I said I wasn't going to do...beat myself up or compare myself...well...yes)  So anyway.  I was in fight or flight mode of feeling that out of place and wanting to just get. out. of. there.  And then it ended and I saw Romi, and I wanted to just leave, but I made myself go over to talk to her.  Thank you, Lord, that I have matured a little bit.  She made it all better.  She smiled and talked to me, and I felt like a real person.  You start to feel like maybe you don't have a personality, because you speak in such small limited phrases.  But with Romi?  I talk!  I make mistakes!  Tons of mistakes!  But it doesn't matter!  She smiles and laughs and asks questions if I am completely wack and confusing....and she told me directly that she thinks I'm funny....because I was being me, joking and talking the way I would if I actually knew the language.  Man.  So good.  I like her.  Maybe someday I will have a picture to put up on this blog...I have gotten pretty camera shy lately.  Maybe because the first month is over.  I don't know.

God is wonderfully kind in bestowing His gifts.  "My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus"  

No comments:

Post a Comment