Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Teacher, leave those kids alone

No, I am not a Pink Floyd fan.  

Now, the math book here is really heavy on mental math.  It is a 'hard now, easy later' principle, that I really agree with.  Unfortunately, I am here now not later.  Also unfortunate is the fact that Abi hates math.  Even more unfortunate is that I am not Ami, I am Erin, and I did not choose to major in middle school math education....for a reason.  

On good days it is exciting and I feel like we are a great team that has accomplished something wonderful together.  On bad days I struggle to keep my patience with a very passionate and dramatic girl (who I love and appreciate for those very qualities!)  

Today before our lesson we prayed together (you might ask why it took so long for that to occur to me).  The day went very well.  I am under no assumptions that every day from here on out will go so well.  So if you would, please pray for Abi and I:

  • That I would be patient and see her as Abba's child, who I need to love and respect and not power trip into doing what I want
  • That I would be able to communicate clearly and effectively these confusing topics
  • That Abi would have a good attitude and a learner's spirit
  • That when Abi does fall into one of her fits that I would have wisdom in knowing how best to handle the situation
  

No comments:

Post a Comment