Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And they're off! A quick sprint of 31 hours.


Here we go!  First layover of many which gives me time to write the first post of many (I hope!)  Thank you all for sharing in my excitement and for supporting me in prayer.  I think this post will be a good time to give you some specific requests that I would extra appreciate you talking to Him about :)  in no particular order....

-Others' centeredness. I want to be useful to Roman and Bethany, not an extra load in any way.

-Energy!  Have you met Abigail and Eliana...or their parents for that matter?  I am excited to be a part of their family....but it may require copious amounts of coffee :)

-Wisdom in balance.  I want to be where I am 100%...so what does that look like with the invention of Skype and people I care about back home?

-Supernatural Spanish Absorption Powers!  I am very hopeful that this time will bolster my Spanish skills and my confidence in speaking the language, but as always it is intimidating for me.

-Servant's heart. I want to be observant of needs and not let any of my own "insecurities" (more than likely the language) stop me from trying to meet them.

-I will be Abigail's elementary school teacher.  That is something I have never done before, and I want to be adequate.

-Bravery in communication.  This is not only in Spanish.  In general I want to be brave enough to communicate truthfully and not let my people-pleaser run rampant and ruin anything.

I am so thankful to have you praying for me.  I really am.  I can't believe this home-body, stay-in-on-a-saturday-night girl is headed out of the country on her own again.  His ways are beyond my understanding :)  I am genuinely excited to see what I learn about Him while I'm away.  Thanks for your prayers!  

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your transparency. It makes it so easy to relate to you and to love you... Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Broman you are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and all of our friends in Argentina. Uncle Brian

    ReplyDelete