Monday, September 16, 2013

"...and you know it don't come easy..."

Phew.  There were moments today when I didn't know if I was going to make it to 6:00!

Letti came into Cordoba (super early) today to go to the doctor (refer to Saludos y Besos...).  So I watched all the kids today.  (Letti calls me "La Ninera"..basically the babysitter.  I think it is partially because Erin is such a bad name to try and say if you only speak Spanish.)  I won't give you a play by play, however, I will say that I think Abi and I had a breakthrough.  I finally did something that made her very mad, something correctional.  She got very upset at me, but we came out on the other side.  I think it makes our relationship more real, I don't feel afraid that if I make her unhappy she won't want me here any more.  Probably shouldn't think like that in the first place(...and I guess I didn't, or we wouldn't have had that altercation in the first place!)  But I do feel very free now, and that my friends, is a very good feeling.

Even better than that is the news that Letti got from the doctor!  She will not be needing surgery, it is nothing fatal and he gave her some medicine that should get her right as rain in about 3 months.  We are all very very happy :D

Their impressive tower....and my secret weapon, we call it "Go juice"
Today Roman told Letti and Juan that I had the "don", the gift, when it came to Spanish.  My first thought was to say "pfft, I'm just a good faker and I know when to nod in the right places" but then I started thinking...Roman says it is a gift.  All good gifts come from the Father and should be used for His glory.  I got a little convicted, or a lot convicted, about my pride.  I tend to look at my Spanish and belittle it, because the fact is there are many many people who are far more fluent than me.  So?  So what?  Do I have to be the best in order to be used by God?  My pride says 'yes'.  Christ says 'no'.  So, I am going to try my very hardest to not talk down about my Spanish anymore (that is going to be so hard!), but instead ask God to grant me the humility to willingly use it, in whatever way, to please Him.  (hey...that sounds like something I could use prayer about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment