Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Gonna take a walk outside today...."

 


I have been inside many Catholic churches, but never in my life have I seen one so enormous and ornate!  It took them 200 years to build it!


 

Yesterday was a "let's show Erin around another part of downtown Cordoba.  I tried to take pictures of things that were not only pretty in and of themselves, but holistically representative...so that hopefully you can get as close to having walked there with me as possible.  Of course that is an impossible goal, and I have never been one to give good overviews or summaries, I get caught up in wanting to share delightful and specific details, however...I will try :)

Also, thank you for praying for me surrounding the topics in my last two posts.  Work in progress, but I am feeling lighter inside again.  




Cobble stone streets!  OLD cobble stone streets :)  And Eli wanted you all to know that this is her "rock-star hair" :)  I braided my hair wet one day and then took them out, so she wanted to try it.

The purple tree is a Jacaranda...I love them!



This city is so stacked on top of itself, and yet you can find in the middle of the buildings these hollowed out places where they have open air restaurants and fountains and all kinds of beautiful things.  You duck into these places, get all turned around and then end up somewhere completely new!  Alice in wonderland.

This, I just loved, Cordoba's hallway :)



Plaza...
...proof I was in the plaza.  Happy, Mom?




The picture below is of the most prestigious highschool in all of Cordoba.  Anyone can go, and it is free.  You have to take a test and only the top 200 students are admitted.


...And this is Bethany's dream car.

One of the things I am really wanted to get a picture of to show you all is the kind of cars you can see here.  It is adorable!  There are a lot of old Renault, Peugots and other small metal European cars that are just delightful to see driving around.  Very fitting for a "day dream about the past" kind of girl :)


So what did you think?  Do you like it as much as I do?




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Erin, been to some of those spots but not all so you are giving me a virtual tour, good job. Your dad and I loved the old cars also, thanks. Yes I thought the Cathedral was over the top since it was built on the backs of the poor, as always.
    As Ramon pointed out to me, it is a very dark and sinister feeling place. Thanks for the tour, it gives me something to check out every morning. keep on blogging.
    Love ya,
    unc. Brian

    ReplyDelete