Monday, September 30, 2013

Be thankful

"Be thankful."  Those two words are nestled almost like an afterthought in the 17 verses of Colossians that we covered in the Ladies Bible Study this week.  They were the ones that jumped out at me the most....and I probably should have taken even more note of that than I did.  I had a pretty self focused weekend.  But, that is on the mend, partially because I finally started to take notice of those words, so, here are some things. :)

-Thursday night Bible study-- I was starting to get a sinking feeling of insecurity about Spanish, feeling like I had already left the honeymoon period of growing in my Spanish skills and was now hitting a plateau.  Then Letticia started talking to me.  I was immediately encouraged and warmed by her.  I hadn't even asked God to help, and He gave me her.

-I have the kind of family that I can miss!  Even when I don't love those feelings.

-Abigail and Eli

-I did NOT want to go to this picnic thing yesterday...and then it was a wonderful time of chatting with some people my own age.  The time flew, I made people laugh...they made me laugh (most often in these adult circles I sit on the edge of the conversation, participation is minimal)

-We didn't go to church yesterday and I really missed worship songs, which I told the Lord...at this picnic thing I didn't want to go to one of the guys randomly said he wanted to sing church songs.  So we had a super impressive guitar player that can accompany anyone just singing, and a chorus of 8 or so voices.

^This one is the kicker.  I have written all of my "woes" to the Lord in my journal.  I finished with "please help me know what to do for You with the rest of my day".  Alright, instead of Him asking me to wrangle my attitude or go out and be amazing despite how pitiful I felt on the inside, He gave me that easily enjoyable wonderful time with those people...and the opportunity to sing worship songs.  He was very gentle with me, unbelievably kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment