Sunday, September 22, 2013

I now pronounce you....

This weekend was huge.  We had Eli's birthday Friday (I will throw a little blog blurb out there sometime soon) and then Dani and Alejandra's wedding on Saturday.
As an official wedding photographer I had no choice but to do
and "artsy" picture of the wedding invitation.

Yep, I put a kissy picture on my blog. 
For those of you who do not know, Dani and Ale, who have been living together for the last 2+ years became Christians within the last year and decided that the first step to getting their lives on a good track was to get married.  They are the only Christians in their families, and Ale has 3 children (remember Ezekiel who is 13?)  They have made a very public stand for Christ and Satan will certainly be attacking that with ferocity.  They could use your prayers.


"Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel--rather let it be the hidden person of the hear, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


I was very busy taking pictures, and not exactly paying attention to what was being said when all of the sudden something feel out of the sky right into my arms....the bouquet that Abi had made for Alejandra.  Some kind of metaphor about love coming along when you are not looking for it should make itself fairly present here.  I caught the bouquet, and I didn't have to knock down a hundred other flailing single ladies to do it.


These two were being so lovely all day :)

 At one point during the day Bethany came over to me and pointed at Roman, who was talking to a group of men.  "Sometimes," she said "I look at my husband and I just think, 'wow.'"  His willingness to push himself out of his comfort zone (he is not naturally inclined to talk to people he doesn't know or mingle in social situations) in order to reach people with the saving news of Christ made Bethany speechless....which doesn't happen often.  It was wonderful to see the respect and admiration in her eyes.
Dona Tere and baby Alejandro.  His parents don't know
Jesus yet.


 Two days ago we found out I had lice, which I most assuredly got from the kids at the campo.  I hate admitting this, but it made me a bit nervous about yesterday.  The girl in this picture, Julia, had them...so big I could see them.  I am happy to say that the Lord helped me see the need for her to feel loved as more important than my own desire to feel clean and be bug free.  Her tearful hug goodbye was worth whatever consequence may come.  Don't worry, I will do a full detox before I come home and hug you :)
This is Paula, I spent most of the wedding talking to her, and I started to write about it here...but I'm going to cut and paste it and put it on another post...it started getting long :)


     
It is an Argentine tradition to have the bride and groom pose with the cake for every single family to get a picture with them, so as to catalog everyone who was there.  I was not planning on being in a picture but after had everyone had gone Ale yelled "one more!  We have to get a picture with our American photographer"  I felt very accepted by both her and Dani (who teased me the whole day about being too young to be a photographer...he is 2 1/2 months older than me) 



No comments:

Post a Comment